The Association had participated and organised many scientific activities and conferences.
The most important are:
- First Italian Bioengineering Workshop.
May 8, 1970 – Naples (Italy)
- Mediterranean Conference on Medical and Biological Engineering (MEDICON 77).
September 12-17, 1977 – Sorrento (Italy)
- Seminar on Pattern Recognition and Biomedical Objects.
1978 – Naples (Italy)
- Seminar on Clinical Engineering – “The Role of Electronics and it’s Methodological and Technological Implications”.
1983 – Naples (Italy)
- Seminar on Biomedicine on Medical Engineering and Civil Protection in Public Health Emergencies. The Role of Electronics and Telecommunications.
1988 – Naples (Italy)
- Seminar on Biosignal Processing and Biomedical Data Analysis (in cooperation with the Italian National Research Council and the Polish Academy)
1989 – Capri (Italy)
- Mediterranean Conference on Medical and Biological Engineering (MEDICON 92).
July 5-10, 1992 – Capri (Italy)
- Workshop on: Development and Maintenance of Medical Instrumentation
September 16-17, 1993 – Trieste (Italy)
- 4th International Workshop on Time Varying Image Processing and Moving Object Recognition
June 10-11, 1993 – Florence (Italy)
- 3rd European Conference on Engineering and Medicine: “A bridge between Engineering and Medicine”
April 30 – May 3, 1995 – Florence (Italy)
- Health Telematics’95 Conference: “Health in the Information Society”;
July 2-6, 1995 – Ischia (Italy)
- 5th International Workshop on Time Varying Image Processing and Moving Object Recognition;
September 5-6, 1996 – Florence (Italy)
- 2nd National Congress and Exhibition TIMED “Telemedicine Information Technology and Telecommunication for HealthCare “;
May 20-21, 1999 – Genova (Italy)
- 3rd International Congress and Exhibition TIMED 2000 “Telemedicine Information Technology and Telecommunication for HealthCare”; June 28-30, 2000 – Genova (Italy) Special session organised in collaboration with AIIMB; invited speakers on ” Research and Technology develops in Biomedical Informatics and Telematics: Prospective and Opportunity for HealthCare” (Chairman Prof. Marcello Bracale Italy Prof A Pedotti Italy; Prof. C. Cobelli Italy; Dr. P. Gazzaniga Italy; Prof. J. Reponen Finland; Dr. J.L. Monteagudo Spain; Dr. S. Hakansson Sweden )
- 9th Mediterranean Conference on Medical and Biological Engineering and Computing MEDICON 2001; Special session organised in collaboration with AIIMB; invited speakers on “Health Telematics And Telemedicine: Technology, Methodology And Management Aspects” “Clinical Engineering Toward The Third Millenium: What Is Challenging ?”
June 12-15, 2001 – Pula (Croatia)
- 4th International Congress and Exhibition TIMED 2001 “Telemedicine Information Technology and Telecommunication for HealthCare”;
September 26-28, 2001 – Genova (Italy)
- Annual Italian Workshop in Bressanone “Scuola annuale di Bioingegneria”; Special session organised in collaboration with AIIMB; invited speakers on “Education on BME in Italy, Europe and USA” (Prof. N. Pallikarakis, Greece; Prof. H. Hutten, Austria; Dr. J.Linehan, USA )
September 17-21, 2001 – Bressanone (Italy)
- 2nd Conference and Exhibition on Biotechnology and Bioengineering,
December 1, 2001- Padova, Italy
- National Congress on “Soluzioni, Modelli ed Esperienze a Confronto nella Gestione dei Dispositivi Medici”
March 20-21, 2002 – Milan (Italy)
- National Congress “SMAU SALUTEC tecnologie per la salute“
March 23-26, 2002 – Naples (Italy)
- International Congress “Telemedicine in Care Delivery: Technology and Application”; Organised by Istituto Superiore di Sanità and Istituo di Fisiologia CNR
June 2-5, 2002 – Rome (Italy)
- 4th International Workshop on Biosignal Interpretation;
June 24-26, 2002 – Como (Italy)
- 7th World Conference on Telemedicine;
September 22-25, 2002 – Regensbug (Germany)
- 2nd European Medical & Biological Engineering Conference EMBEC’02;
December 4-8, 2002 – Vienna (Austria)